While getting injured on the job or in a car accident can be traumatic in a number of ways, hiring a lawyer shouldn’t be. There are several things you should consider when looking for an injury attorney:
The lawyer’s reputation and time spent as an attorney.
- Consider how long they’ve been practicing as well as their experience with your type of case.
- Are they established as a long-term firm in your area?
Rely on word of mouth — ask around and see who people recommend!
- Check reviews online and see what clients of your prospective attorney have said on social media about their experience working with the firm.
Consider whether they are members of legal organizations that specialize in representing injured clients.
- All lawyers need a license to practice. However, board certifications are voluntary and therefore mean that your lawyer is an expert in their field. They must get recertified every five years.
- Discuss and clarify fees up front before signing a contract.
- Speak to the lawyer handling your case.
- Establish communication norms (via email, phone, text or in person?)
- Ask questions!
- Go to the first lawyer you find unless they already come highly recommended.
- Make assumptions.
- Sign a contract without reading it.
With over 25 years of experience, Hoestenbach Law Group has a solid reputation for building relationships. We will make a fair, honest assessment of your case, making sure you are informed every step of the way. Through our expertise in Texas law, Hoestenbach Law Group will make every effort to deliver a successful resolution to your case.